Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Small Things

Do small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Isn't that how we touch the world around us in the most meaningful way?  It isn't about the big things that get talked about in the newspapers and on t.v.  It is the day to day little things that we do for one another that changes lives for the better.  Something as simple as a smile, given freely and with compassion can change someone else's total day.
I do believe that change begins with me.  My heart cries over the horrible things that are happening in our world.  I know that I cannot make an impact on the cruelties resulting from the bombings.  Instead of allowing that to drag me down, I look for what I can do.  Compassion can begin with me.  I may never touch the life of one of the injured from the violence in our world and that is okay.  I can show my support in small ways.  The things I choose to do can touch one life, who in turn may touch another with the same compassion.
I see it like having one single candle.  Alone, my candle cannot light the way very effectively.  Yet, when my small light, lights another and that one turns and lights others, together we do shine brightly.  Even if the other candle that I share my flame with does nothing, it hasn't taken anything from me.  I lose nothing in the sharing.  It is the small things that we do with great love and compassion that need to spread in this world of ours.













































+.

No comments:

Post a Comment