Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hey U.G.L.Y.

That's right... Hey UGLY!

Uniquely  Gifted  Lovable  You!

This is not an original of mine.  In fact it is an actual anti-bullying organization.  It caught my attention for a few different reasons.  Right now the best reason, to me, is that it takes a word filled with a lot of negativity and turns the meaning around.
I know it is not that simple.  See a cute phrase of an *ugly* word and suddenly the meaning totally changes for you.  When I hear the word ugly, I can get transported right back to a place that just is not very good.  Heck, I still look in the mirror at times and call myself ugly.  Those mean words we use on ourselves and to others can be so hurtful.  Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.  We may have sang that as a kid, but far too often it was not true.  Probably most of us can say that we were bullied, picked on, called names, etc.  Children of every generation have done it.  Bones heal and bruises fade, but the strikes from words that bruise and break the soul, leave wounds others can't see.
The road to healing those wounds to the soul is paved with compassion and love.  The salve of praise, truth and positive feed back needs to be applied generously.

                                         We are UGLY - uniquely gifted lovable you(s).


No comments:

Post a Comment