Thursday, March 3, 2016

Feet of Clay

Originally, when I thought of this, I thought I would write from the artists perspective about working with clay.  The clay is punched, cleansed, made as pure as possible and leaving no air that will cause holes, etc.  Only after that process, which takes a lot of work, is a creation started.  I have worked with raw clay and it brought a lot of satisfaction when I finally got what I was working with to the point of being able to start forming my piece.  It is hard freaking work!  There is a lesson in that.
Instead though, I realized that the term is going through my head for a different reason.  It is about having feet of clay.  At times feeling so stuck that I can't move.  Sometimes, knowing I must move and I don't want to.  There is a sense of dread in some of that.  Dragging my feet because I do not want to do what is in front of me to do.  It doesn't matter if it is facing a punishment, facing a trauma truthfully, or taking a bite from a sandwich when I don't want to eat.... they become *have-to's* and I develop feet of clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment