Monday, March 21, 2016

Writing

Writing is learning to say nothing, more cleverly each day.
This is a quote by William Allingham.  I love it!  I can relate to it so much.  As one who writes daily, I see it as very true some days.  I will sit here at the computer and wonder what in the world I am going to write about.  Many times, I simply just start writing what ever I happen to be thinking.  The lack of a specific goal, usually makes the words flow freely.
It has always confused me when someone says to me that they cannot write.  It makes me wonder why every one doesn't hear the same voice inside that I do.  Writing can be like sitting down and talking with someone.  Face to face it is very difficult for me to speak.  This voice I use to write with, is the same voice so many use to hold a conversation.  I have never seen it as *hard*.
Others have told me over the years that when I write, I should have someone in mind that I am writing to.  I can't say that I have ever done that very much.  I write because I love it.  I would write even if no one ever read it.  It is a part of me that I cannot imagine ever letting go of.
I write to work through emotions.  I write to share experiences.  I write for my pleasure.  Some days it feels like I write to keep myself sane.  I write to discover myself.  I even write to see just where my thoughts end up going!


No comments:

Post a Comment