Friday, March 11, 2016

My Daddie

Yesterday I woke up to new coloring supplies.  New pencils and markers and oils.  I was so surprised.  Then today I woke up to a new coloring book as well!  It is all animals with fantastic designs making up each one!  Then, the little me was taken out to go see the movie Zootopia.  It was such a wonderful time, out with my Daddie.
I don't dare ever say I like something.  More times than not, I am gifted it.  If I say that I would like to have something, I usually have it that day.  I have learned to stay quiet.  I know it delights her to give me gifts.  In that respect I am spoiled.  Thankfully, I have enough sense to keep my mouth closed when she and I go out somewhere.  Every once in awhile she will catch me looking at something a little longer.  That's when I see that look on her face and I quickly tell her that just because I am looking closely does not mean that I want it.  She explained to me once that she gets these things for me because I really never ask.  She tells me that I do it for every one else, so she does it for me.  I put off my wants and even needs sometimes, to surprise someone else.  I love doing that!  Daddie has had to help me put the brakes on that sometimes.  How do I put the brakes on her?  It is mostly little things and they do tickle me.  It is just that ....eh, I don't know what it is, lol
My Daddie has a huge heart.  Not just toward me either.  She very genuinely cares about people.  She is so open and so warm.  Today she saved the life of an elderly woman.  As she was walking out to the parking lot, the older woman was coming toward her rubbing her arm like crazy.  Daddie asked her if she was alright.  The woman said her arm really hurt and Daddie saw that she was ashen.  Daddie got her back to her car and seated and then the woman's speech started slurring.  Long story short, Daddie got the ambulance there and could tell them when the stroke started, got a hold of the woman's family, when the elderly woman became combative, Daddie calmed her down.  The woman didn't want the men around her and wanted only my Daddie there.  Daddie is like that.  So many of us would have just walked past that woman.  Not my Daddie!  She doesn't know a stranger and is always willing to help.  She is not afraid of getting involved, especially if she senses a need.
I am a very fortunate and blessed woman and girl.  I love my Daddie with all that I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment