Saturday, March 19, 2016

Unconventional Paths

It seems that sometimes the path that I take is unconventional.  Others have found the choices that I make for myself, a little strange.  With most things that I choose for myself, I have stopped caring about the opinions of others outside of my inner circle.  I have enough confidence to believe in myself.  For the most part, I trust my intuition.
I have tried the conventional.  I spent about 3 years in therapy, discovering truths about myself and healing from my past.  Over the past year and a half or so, the past came up again.  So much about it seemed more intense.  I did not want to go see a therapist.  I know that talk therapy can work.  It did for me during a time when I really needed it.  This time though, I really struggled with what could I learn from therapy, how could it help me?  I did seek out a therapist and have a great relationship with her.
I also knew that it wasn't enough.  I needed something more.  I knew what I needed but I had no idea how to seek it out.  It all seemed like it was a dream that would never be a reality.  I felt stuck.  I felt like I would never be *okay*.  Heck, I felt strange for even wanting this, even when I knew deep down inside that it was exactly what I needed.  I did not know that something like therapeutic spanking existed.  I had no knowledge that Pro Disciplinarians existed.  What I was describing was a type of spanking therapy, I guess.  I was spanked in my personal life and had no reason to search the internet.  Needing someone who could interact with me coming from a more maternal side, set me on a very unconventional path.
This is how I ended up with Miss Jenn.  The time we have spent together and the sessions we have had, are changing my life.  Just like with Mickey, Jenn interacts with both the adult and child me. It isn't strange or weird.  At times, it is very intense and emotional.  At times, it is all laughter.  At times, it is just easy and comfortable.  All the time, it is helping.  It may be an unconventional path.  It is also my path and it is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment