Thursday, March 31, 2016

Feeling Frustrated

I am feeling pretty insignificant at the moment.  That might not be the best word to describe it.  I am in a situation where I cannot do anything really to help.  Not being able to help is seriously causing heart-ache.  My partner is very ill.  There is not a damn thing I can do to make this time easier for her.  She faces another surgery next week.  She is in pain and very stressed out.  On top of her own issues, she is worried about me.  I can tell her until I am blue in the face that I will be fine, but she won't believe it.  We have a support system around us and they have stepped in to help.  Mickey is still holding onto the reigns and trying to do everything.  I can't get her to slow down or to step back.  She feels responsible for me and I get that.  Taking care of me is her full-time job.  As her partner, I also want to take care of her.  Physically, I can't do much of anything.  The best I can do most days is be a sounding board.  When I feel like I can get up and do something, someone is always telling me to sit back down and they will do it.  I have been having more seizures and that has everyone on edge.  There is a fear of me falling.  How do I function and feel like I am helping in some way when everyone keeps shutting me down?  How do I feel like I am contributing in a positive way when the concern is focused on me?  God, I hate this!  I just want to be normal.  I want to be a loving and supportive partner.  I want to be her strength when she is so weak.  She would tell you that I am.  I sure just don't feel like it right now.  Anything that I can do just seems so small and insignificant.  These are the times that I get frustrated and angry over my disabilities.  It is times like this that the limits I have physically, hit me hard.  I want it to be different.  I want to pick up the slack and make things easier on her.  I want to hold her in my arms and protect her from all that she is going through physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment