Monday, March 28, 2016

Travelling

We went to Oregon for a few days.  Getting away from the normal things as well as spending some time with family.  Travelling can be so hard on me physically.  My body does not appreciate long car rides.  On top of that, I also want to do everything that everyone else wants to do.  Too often I push myself too hard and then pay for it when I get home.  It still just seems like I should be able to do every thing.
I still enjoy travelling and exploring new things.  I do have to find new ways or different ways to do some of it.  There is frustration involved most of the time.  It bugs me that I have to choose how much I am going to do based on daily energy levels.  I remember the days when I didn't have to think about that.  Now, I have to plan on it.  I do have to consider how much energy different things will take and what I am willing to sacrifice.  When you are in pain all the time, it saps your energy.  Then add the long car ride which causes more pain.  I need to consider what shape I will be in when I get there and then express what I will need or how much time I will need to recuperate.
How can I go through all this and more and still say I enjoy travelling to new places, etc.?  Well, it is easy, because I do.  My body changing has changed my life.  It has forced me to change the way I do things for sure.  I still have within me the desire to learn and explore.  Understanding better how my body works helps me to make better plans when travelling.  It can be annoying but it is necessary.  We have to make plans for me to rest once we arrive.  We make planned pit stops along the way as well.
Today in the car on the way home listening to the two others tease about pulling the car over to spank me on the side of the road was hilarious.  They teased that I am so little that other drivers would think they were spanking an actual child and for sure call the police.  The trip itself may be hard on my body, but I wouldn't give up these happy times for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment