Thursday, March 10, 2016

Friend

A friend is a long-standing witness to my life.

It is someone who is with me by choice.  Someone who sees me for who I am and not who they want me to be.  Someone who knows I am not perfect and doesn't care.  Someone who will tell me the truth.  It is someone that I share my victories and sorrows with.  Someone that listens and gets heard.  Someone I can do a three-legged race with when either of us can't quite stand alone.  It is someone who hears me when I say absolutely nothing.  Someone that I share secrets with and we each know they will be safe.  Someone who's opinion I value.  Someone who can tell me I am wrong and not fear that I will turn away.  It is someone I can laugh and cry with.  Someone who I am safe with when I am feeling vulnerable.
A friend is someone that I look for the best in.  Someone who I would do anything I could, to help.  Someone who knows I won't judge.  Someone who I encourage.  Someone I value.  Someone who's feelings matter to me.  Someone who I know isn't perfect and it doesn't matter.  It is someone who can say to me that they have had a freaking-ass hard day and knows I will listen.  Someone who can tell me things in confidence and know they are safe.  Someone who makes mistakes.  Someone I enjoy spending time with.  Someone who reminds me that I am human.

No comments:

Post a Comment