Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My Soap Box

I do a lot of reading on so many different topics.  Yeah, it's not all about spanking, lol.  I enjoy reading fiction and nonfiction as well.  Lately I have read more biographies.  I was given a book by a friend that I started reading a week or so ago.  It has been a book that I have had to take in small doses.  The beginning was very intense for me because it spoke frankly about this woman's childhood and I had a very emotional response to it.

The fact that childhood sexual abuse still takes place in every country in the world pisses me off.  It doesn't seem that children are any more protected now than when I was growing up.  The fact that churches still teach their parishioners that all gays and lesbians molest children, just makes me shake my head in disbelief.  Adult Caucasian Men make up the largest percentage of those that molest children.
The whole movement *Black Lives Matter* is something that I still see as segregation.  ALL lives matter regardless of skin color, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  Do I believe that people of color are treated unjustly just because of their skin color?  YES!  And it is NOT right!
 As a people, so many of us make snap judgments of others when we know nothing about them.  Seems that too often those snap judgments also get cemented in place before any real truth or fact can be applied.
 So often, the loudest voice is the only voice heard.  Even the voice of reason can't get through the screaming flood of words.
 People are hungry and living on the streets here in our own Country.  How much money are we sending out in aide to other countries?  I believe in helping others and also believe that charity needs to begin at home.
Okay, stepping off my soap-box now.

I can begin with myself.  I can change things that need changed in my own life.  Whether that is my views or attitudes, I do have the power to change them.  Educating myself is important to me.  That learning means nothing if I don't also apply it, use it, learn from it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment