Sunday, February 14, 2016

Submission

Like a Prayer... a song by Madonna.  I have been listening to it tonight.  It has always spoken to me of a D/s relationship.
 Life is a mystery.  Everyone must stand alone.  I hear You call my name and it feels like home.  When you call my name it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I want to take you there.  In the midnight hour I can feel your power, just like a prayer. You know I'll take you there.  Just like a prayer, your voice can take me there.
As a submissive, it is how I feel.
Sometimes, I see things differently.  This song speaks to me of both sides in a D/s relationship.  It touches the need in me to submit.  *I hear You call my name and it feels like home*  There is a tug inside me that wants to respond.  I want to be of service.  I want to help.  At the same time, it is a very protected place.  Submission is never demanded of me, it is a gift given.  For those that might not know, a submissive is in no way a doormat.  A submissive gives and serves from a place of strength.  There is so much garbage out there about what a D/s relationship is.  Submissives portrayed as weak, worthless, ignorant... Why would one person decide to serve another?  Why would someone decide to submit to someone else?  That person has to be weak-willed or crazy.  SO NOT TRUE!
Mickey has been my Dominant almost from day one.  Wanna know how it began?  It began with Her absolutely treasuring me.  She showered me with care and concern.  She did nothing without my complete understanding and permission.  She built trust and demanded communication.  She never ever demanded respect.  She showed me what respect was by respecting me.  She showed me what love is by loving me.  Not all D/s relationships have or need to have the component of love or sexual intimacy.  In my experience, love has grown with respect in the two strong D/s relationships I have had and in every D/s couple I personally know of.  Some of the couples only ever came together in a dungeon setting and still a love for one another grew and was visible to outsiders.
Mickey was not my first *Mistress* or Dominant. (I am sure She is shaking her head reading this, because Mistress is not how she describes herself anymore)  I was introduced to BDSM by a friend that I didn't know was a Pro Dominatrix.  We got around to the subject of spanking which was all I knew and dreamed of.  Boy, was I in for a surprise.  Stefany, showed me things and made me feel things that I could not have ever even dreamed of.  It was new ground for her as well.  She had never played with a girl before.  She had never had a girl and didn't know that she might want one until she met me and got to know me.  She helped me find the submissive in me and she helped bring it out.  I wanted to submit to her.  With her as well, it began with being treasured.  Absolutely everything was consensual.  I was like a kid in a candy store and I wanted to try everything!  I was held back.  Reins put on me that still make me laugh as I think about it.  I was trying to run forward into everything and to experience as much as possible.  Being told to wait or that I wasn't ready yet, frustrated me.  But, I learned to trust.  I learned to communicate.  I learned the right way to do things.  I am not just talking about the right way to serve a cup of coffee, although I did that.  I was taught how to keep myself safe.  I was taught where pain could be applied and where it should never be.  I was taught the why behind things.  I was taught about safe words.  I was taught about negotiation, soft and hard limits. I received so much education along with experiences.  My training and learning still continues with Mickey.
For me a D/s relationship is so much more intimate and so much closer than any other type of relationship I have ever experienced.  Maybe because there has to be so much communication and trust.  We have a D/s relationship and we are life partners.  We are best friends and lovers.  In the early years I use to joke with her that she needed to switch hats for a minute because I wanted to talk to my Mistress or my Lover.  I can't imagine living my life without also having the opportunity to express my submission.  I have played with, scened with,  other Dominants and for that period of time, I gift them my submission.  That is far different from living it.  I am a submissive.  I am a strong willful mature and intelligent woman as well.  I have been very dominant out in the world, with a successful career and that doesn't make me any less of a submissive.  I can proudly say that I am a submissive.  Better yet, I am Mickey's submissive!

No comments:

Post a Comment