Saturday, February 20, 2016

Blah!

It has been one of those days.  Filled with physical pain.  Needed help getting to my feet to get out of bed.  The constant rain and colder temperatures doesn't help.  Then I have wet and muddy dogs jumping on me and wanting under the blanket to warm up.  So between me and the blanket is wet cold dog!  Normally, I like the fact that they are living heating pads.  Wet & dirty?  Not so much.

Emotionally I feel like a laundry basket that is filled with puppies that I am trying to catch and corral back inside the containment!  Things are coming up faster than I can shove them down or away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I am suppose to be dealing with them.  But, ya know what?  I don't want to!  
There has to be a way to salvage this day and change my mood.

I did write an email and come completely clean to a person that I needed to come clean to.  I didn't exactly lie, but I sure didn't exactly tell the truth either.  It did not sit well with my conscience.  I felt the need to right what I was feeling was so wrong.  The fact that I have a conscience is good.  I sure don't need a tattletale in my life.  I do a good enough job of it all on my own.  I can't stand it when I know I haven't been honest.  I can't get away with anything, because I tell on myself!

I have been thinking about the things my therapist wants me to do.  Every ounce of me says NO!  Usually, I am not afraid of hard work.  What she is asking of me is going to be very hard.  The fact that she also wants me to share it seems even harder.  I have never tackled the violence of my father in any real significant way.  I admit he was violent.  That's about it though.  To speak the details?  There is a part of me that knows it is going to cause a shift in my feelings toward him.  She believes I am strong enough and that I have a strong safety net.  Me?  I am not feeling as confident.


No comments:

Post a Comment