Saturday, February 27, 2016

Look Around

When dealing with emotional issues, I can develop tunnel vision.  There are times that I can only see the bad that swirls around the dark things from the past.  I have a tendency to allow myself to be drawn in too deeply.  It isn't that I am trying to hurt myself.  For me it comes more from a stubbornness that wants to meet most things head on.  I will push myself too hard, ONCE I get started.  It is difficult at times for me to put the brakes on and take a break.
There is a need to step out of the horrors and take a look around.  Consciously notice the light that is around.  Press into the good things in my life.  The monsters in the past can and do invade the present at times.  If I have lost control of my steps, I must fight just as hard to get myself back into the present.  The present is where the love is.  The present holds the good that I desire to embrace.  There is a need to breathe.  Must allow my eyes to see the beauty that is right here,  to wash them clean from the horrors that have colored my vision.
Look around.  Notice the way the breeze makes the branches dance.  Watch as the leaf rolls and plays tag with the sidewalk.  See the ears of my puppy flap wildly as she runs across the floor.  Examine the rose petal or the blade of grass.  Embrace the living breathing things and remember that I too am a part of them.
Look around.  Plant both feet firmly on the ground.  With eyes as the window to my soul, fill them with beauty and light.  Scan the snow covered mountain.  Look for the face in the moon.  Watch as the clouds play hide and seek with the stars.  Breathe girl and let the night air stroke your face.

When I cannot do this for myself - - -  Guide me with your voice.  Take me to the beach as I sit wrapped in your arms, safe.  Build the vision of the beauty we each know is there.  Show me with a whisper, while you also push the monsters away.  Keep reminding me who you are until I can again recognize your face.  Stay with me until you are confident I have left that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment