Friday, February 12, 2016

Success


I should eat three meals a day.  (I don't even come close)
I should exercise more.
I  try to stick to the program.
I wish to save more.
I try to be a good friend.
I wish to lose weight.

Now, replace all the *should* *try to* and *wish to* with, *I will*

Changes the whole meaning, doesn't it?  I think our success or failure begins in our own thinking.  Saying I should do something, is a whole lot different than saying I will do it.  The truth is that I should eat three meals a day.  Most days, I eat what probably amounts to one full meal.  Saying that I will do it, adds a responsibility that wasn't there before.
To what degree do we want success in the areas we wish we could change, should change or try to change?
The successful people I have seen all seem to have at least one thing in common : A determination to succeed!  They stumble, they fall and they fail.  They also have the determination to stand back up and say to themselves, I WILL do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment