Thursday, February 11, 2016

Talking About Age-play

I think most people have an idea of what age play is.  In the very basic form it is the interaction of at least two people who take on roles of differing ages.  (That's not to say that a person cannot age play by themselves.  I engage in age play by myself at least once a week.)  Age play most often involve two people where at least one of them take on the role of someone younger or even older than themselves.
For some people, age play is a lifestyle within their relationship.  I have a friend that is always a *little* when she is in the privacy of her home and sometimes, outside of it.  Her partner is always the parent and she is always the child.  This woman holds a full time position outside of her home as well.
Age play, because it does involve two consenting adults, may have a sexual component to it as well.  Just because this exists in no way means that either of them would actually ever touch a real child.  They recognize that they are two adults and are playing out their own fantasy with one another.
Some *brats* are also age players.  Not all age players are brats.  In the world of spanking, Tops do see a lot of brats.  They see their fair share of the person who wants to be spanked for the naughty things they have done, real or imagined.  Sometimes this does involve acting out a scene with an age difference.  That alone does not necessarily make it age play.
So, what makes it age play?
Answering from my own experience, it is the mind set.  I am not acting like a seven year old.  For that period of time, I am seven.  The adult me fades way into the background.  I think like a seven year old, I respond like a seven year old. I feel like a seven year old.  The inner kid in me has the reigns.  For myself, I don't even have to think about it.  I am no longer acting a part.  When I go into that place it takes more time afterward to come fully back out and into the adult me.
Others have no problem putting themselves into that mindset, playing for an hour and then talking about how much fun it was.  It is a stress reliever for sure.  It isn't only about the exchange of power, it includes most often a deep sense of being cared for as well.
Age play can be intensely emotional.  It can be healing and therapeutic.  It can be downright silly.  It can meet an emotional need.  It can draw two people together in a way neither ever imagined.  It can form an unexpected bond and draw out emotions from both individuals.  I have found that when it is *right* a strong bond forms on both sides.  Like with Mickey and I.
I can role play any age with just about anybody.  It is not the same with age play for me.  There is a vulnerability I feel and I have to be absolutely certain that if I allow that inner little Crie to come out, she will be safe and protected.  Because of the mindset that I go into, I would not be capable of using a safe word.
I am disciplined and spanked within age play.  The corrections are still those that might be used with a real child.  The *Parents* in my life do use spanking.  I have the feelings and emotions of a little girl but the body of an adult woman.  It is a grown woman over their knee and I am treated accordingly.  Sometimes it is simply a swat or two to get my attention, other times it is a full blown spanking.  The difference here is that I have given them the right to correct me as they see fit.  I have submitted myself to their authority.  If I were a biological child, it would be a whole different story, because a bio-child cannot consent in the way an adult can.
I have not even scratched the surface here with age play.  There is adult baby (AB) play, adult baby diaper lover (ABDL) play and more.  I think like anything with the exchange of power, it is what the people involved make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment