Monday, June 6, 2016

In the Present



As a person with PTSD, this message is important to me.  I am often reminded of my past when I do not want to be.  I also use to have a lot of fear about having a flashback.  At times I felt bombarded by the pain from memories and the fear that it would strike me again at anytime.  Living like that can mean that the *right now* gets lost on me.  I have had times where I was so afraid that I would be triggered by something, that I wouldn't want to go anywhere.  I missed out on outings because of fear of what might happen.
The message really is about getting things into perspective.  We all have a past.  We all have painful memories.  If we are dwelling on them so much that we cannot enjoy the right now, we are missing out.  If we spend a lot of time worrying about what might happen, how can we enjoy what is happening at the moment?
The past is past and the future isn't here yet.  All we have is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment