Thursday, June 30, 2016

In the Worst of Times...

Practicing my own words of advice.  Finding things to be thankful for regardless how small.  Thankful that my eyes allow me to see this page.  Thankful that I know how to read and write.  My math skills suck, but that is a different list, lol!  Thankful that my body functions without the use of machines.  Thankful that I have a wheelchair for when my legs won't carry me any further.  Thankful for pain meds that give me relief.  Thankful that there is a roof over my head to protect me from what nature dishes out.  Thankful that there is food in the kitchen and even food that I like.  Thankful that I was able to have the last shot from my favorite bottle of whiskey, Jameson, and don't judge me.  Thankful that my granddaughter will try almost anything once and that the dentist was able to cut the tiny lego piece off her tooth without damaging it!  Thankful that I am a grandma even if I became one before I even turned 40!
Even in the worst of times, there is always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment