Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Old People



*Grin*  That is so the truth!  I think that when you are 20, you can't even really imagine being 40.  We spend the earlier years of our lives wanting to grow up and the later years wanting to slow time down.  Until my body started really breaking down, I didn't think much about getting older.  Now, I have those days where I feel like I am 90.  I look at others who can move much freer than I can, especially those who are obviously older than I am, and I wonder how old they feel?
Most days, if I were asked, I would say that I feel about 27.  Not in my physical body, obviously, but in my thinking and acting.  If I am age-playing, then I am 7.  Those two numbers added together are still younger than I actually am!
I began getting a lot of gray hair when I turned 30 years old.  Up until then, I thought people with gray hair were old.  Funny how experiencing the same thing can effect your thinking on a subject.  The 20 somethings see us as old.  Our age may be up there in numbers, but *old* is much more about how we experience our life and not the number of our age.

No comments:

Post a Comment