Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pausing Time

Sometimes I sort of wish that time had a pause button.  That I could click it and pause time so I could catch up on some of the things I need to do and some of the things I want to do.  Sadly, time doesn't wait for any of us.  It just keeps ticking by regardless of how we feel about it.
Some days, trying to work in everything takes a lot of shuffling of the calendar.  It can be frustrating.  I am one of the lucky ones in that I don't have to wake to an alarm.  I wake up when my body decides it is time or some one deliberately wakes me for some reason.  Never in my life have I hit a snooze button.  I have laid in bed in the past, looking at the clock, trying to will it to not move forward so fast because I didn't want to get up yet.
When I wake up now I am racked with pain.  That is usually what wakes me.  I want the *pause* button so I can stop time and give my body a chance to move and let pain meds work so I can then begin my day.  It will not cooperate with me.  Time just keeps getting away from me.
A hundred years ago, a thousand, did people feel the same way when they reached a certain age?  They still had to make a living, take care of themselves, had social obligations, got ill, etc.  As children we want time to hurry up and we want to grow up quickly.  Back then time could drag on.  I cannot imagine a single child asking for a few more days to get ready for a trip... but as adults, we do that and wish that.
Time is not going to pause.  Guess I need to learn to just make the most of the time I do have.  Since that sounds so simple, why is it actually so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment