Saturday, April 16, 2016

Passing fancy?

I participated in an online coloring bonanza today for a few hours.  Artist of adult coloring books come and share their work with us.  It is a great way to meet new artists and see what is out there in the world of adult coloring.  The next one is going to be on June 6th.  This is the second one that I have been able to be a part of.  I belong to a few different coloring groups on Facebook.  Some have thought that this coloring for adults might be a passing phase.  It has exploded actually.  It grows bigger by the day.  At the moment so many different book companies are jumping on board.  It is the smaller personal artists that interest me the most.  Some hand draw the pictures and others make them digitally.  There is a subject to interest anyone's taste, from animals, to swear words, landscapes, comics, fairies, flowers, mandalas, and more.
I enjoy coloring.  I always have.  I used children's coloring books for years.  Now I have a wider variety to choose from and I love it.  Coloring relaxes me.  It takes me away from the stress and daily pain.  Focusing in on a coloring page makes most everything else slip to the background.  Whether it is for 5 minutes or an hour or more, I always benefit from it.  It costs very little to get started.  Books can range from around $5 to up to $20 on average.  Something as a simple set of colored pencils can start at 89 cents.
Like just about anything I have shown an interest in, Mickey has spoiled me.  She gifts me new books and art supplies very frequently.  I actually asked her to slow it down, lol!  She doesn't color but she will see a book that catches her eye or a set of markers/pencils and she just can't seem to resist.  It is a good thing that I am not that way too.
If you deal with a lot of stress or chronic pain, I recommend trying coloring.  What do you have to lose?  It might just prove to be a little beneficial and a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment