Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Life Lessons

Sometimes the path of life seems to spend way too much time in the desert of despair.  Our energy is sapped and rarely is there much we can do about it except keep walking as best we can.  It is not fair.  It is not pleasant.  It is just the fact of where we are at the moment.
I do believe that things happen for a reason.  Even, if I don't understand what the reason is at the moment.  Even if I don't understand what the reason is, ever.  I still believe.  It seems like so many things happen to teach me something.  Things like patience, humbleness, faith, love, humility, etc.
I can't say that I enjoy the lessons.  Many of them I would rather skip out on.
When my body is so exhausted that I can't bring myself to even brush my own hair, I feel very discouraged and frustrated.  Asking for and receiving help is not an easy thing for me.  Mickey, who is also my full time care-giver just steps in now and does it when she sees me struggling.  This has definitely taught me humility.  What I have seen as well, is that it leaves her with such a wonderful feeling to be able to help in a meaningful way.  I am not enjoying the lessons in my life.  At the same time, how can I deny her the wonderful feeling she gets from lending a hand?
I am one who loves to be able to give to others, expecting nothing in return.  It is a part of my personality.  Who am I to deny others the same sort of feelings just because it makes me feel humbled or makes me deal with the fact that I need help?  As people. we need one another.  I think that most of the lessons life tries to teach us are rarely lessons learned alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment