Friday, April 29, 2016

The past couple of days

I know that I haven't written a real blog entry in days.  Sometimes life has a way of taking my attention elsewhere for a bit.  At the moment it just seems that so much is happening all at the same time.  It is not that I mind being busy so much, when it drags on and on, then I get frustrated.  Especially when what is dragging is almost all about things that I would rather not deal with.
I am dealing with the medical aspect of my life.  I started the process of separating from the military hospitals and doctors.  Found out that my military health benefits will change if I do totally leave the hospital I am at.  I have found out that if you yell loud enough, someone listens.  The Major over the section in the hospital I am having problems with is now reviewing my case.  Stay tuned for more drama....
I spent a good part of my afternoon and evening at a book signing.  Good food, good wine and a wonderful time meeting the artist I am going to work for.  When I woke up, I really didn't want to go.  I had had too many days to think about it and to critique my own art work.  I already knew I was going to be working with this woman any way and didn't need to meet her face to face.  I am glad Mickey insisted that we go.  It really was fun and I got to meet a lot of other local authors.  There was even an invitation to join their writer's group.  I am not sure I am ready for that though.
At home we have kids we would like to give away, kids we want to have move out and other kids that want to move in!  I am not sure if we ever will be kid-free.  A girl can dream can't she?  All of this comes with it's own stressors as well.
All I can say with a smile on my face is that life is full of a lot of twists and turns and if it doesn't slow down from time to time we might just go flying through the air on a trip we never planned on!

No comments:

Post a Comment