Friday, July 15, 2016

Judas

What an incredible evening!  We went and saw the play, Judas Iscariot.  Talk about profound!  It was about Judas in purgatory and having a criminal trial.  The theater was small and intimate.  At times, the actors were inches away from me.
This play is unlike any I have ever seen.  It had the ability to take me on an emotional roller coaster ride.  It is loosely historically based on the Bible.  It is also brought right into modern times and oh so relevant.  It made me laugh.  It made me cry.  It made me stop and think, reflecting on my own life and beliefs.
For me it called on a search of myself and what I believe about judgment as well as forgiveness.  It took a look at the depths that despair can take a soul.  As *deep* as all of that sounds, this play had me laughing hysterically.  I was not alone in this.  The audience was masterfully brought into the experience.  As an audience, we willingly participated.
It was a night out with friends that was enjoyable from beginning to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment