Monday, July 25, 2016

being disabled

How many would consider taking a person out of their wheelchair to put them over your knee for a spanking?  The truth is, not many.  As a woman who is disabled, I can tell you that I am more often than not, overlooked.  People have a way of trying not to see me.  Even simply when walking on  the street.  Because of a wheelchair and even with my cane, I have gained the magical power of becoming invisible.
Today, I am struggling with the fact that I am disabled.  It has been a rough week for me physically and I had a seizure in public during an outdoor play.  That really put the disabled sign over my head in neon flashing lights.  I am differently abled.
Sadly, so much of society still sees one like me as someone to avoid.  I am frustrated by it all right now.  I am frustrated with my own body and the struggles I face.  I never imagined my life being like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment