Thursday, May 5, 2016

Tears

I heard someone today say that tears are not a sign of weakness.  They were trying to say that tears are very powerful.
  As I have sat here and thought about it, my view has changed a little.  I still don't like crying and likely never will.  I will probably always fight that urge.  What I have gained by wondering about the power of tears, has given me an insight.
Tears carry and express the deepest grieving, and shed and flow for the greatest of loves.
It is often the most powerful of feelings that bring tears to our eyes.  Tears span the depths of grief.  All that we are feeling in those times are sometimes only expressed through tears.  There are times when words come up against a brick wall and then tears break through the barriers and begin to fall.
I had never really thought about tears being powerful or a helpful aid in unspeakable circumstances, before.  In the past I have always said that I understand that tears cleanse the body.  That didn't really mean anything to me.  This does.

No comments:

Post a Comment