Tuesday, May 3, 2016

And...Life goes on.

 Wondering where my thoughts will take me tonight...

Right now I can not be spanked because the hip I fell on keeps swelling up repeatedly.  Daily the pain sky-rockets and it usually hurts more to sit than to stand.  ER doctors see the problem, my doctor says there is nothing wrong.  It all sucks.  Being spanked always makes my world a little better.  The fact that my doctor won't help me is effecting me on multiple levels.  Physically and emotionally I feel like she is putting me through hell.  And... life goes on.
I wonder sometimes how others deal with physical pain.  I have an entire tool chest of things that I can do.  I use multiple methods to try to keep the pain at a manageable level.  When my tool box is emptied then often the tears will fall.  It is frustrating to never be pain free.  And... life goes on.
There are times when we are just dealt a rotten hand in our lives.  I am not a card player but even I know when it is time to fold.  There comes a time when I feel like I must just choose to sit this one out because I see no other solution.  When I have done everything I know to do and nothing changes, I know I am wasting my energy.  That is never a good thing.  And... Life goes on.
See, that is the thing.  Whether we actively participate or not, whether we like it or not, life keeps moving forward.  Do we want to waste our time and energy fighting a losing battle?  Do we really want to stay in the same vicious circle?  At what point do we call it quits and break the cycle?  I get tired of the same old fight but ya know what?  Life is going to keep going on and we do have a choice of where to concentrate our energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment