Friday, May 20, 2016

Scars

I heard a quote today that stayed with me.  Scars only show us where we have been they do not dictate where we are going,  As a survivor, this means a lot to me.  As a person who has been going through hell these past few days, it also means a lot.
My parents actually found a way to reach back beyond the grave and again slap me in the face.  It isn't important anymore.  The pain is gone or buried so deep that I can't feel it anymore.  When I think of the two of them, I feel nothing.  I recognize that they were full of lies and deceit and probably didn't know how to be any other way.
My father's funeral was today.  I did not attend.  I also did not speak to any one from my family and I do not want to.  I want it all to go away.  I hurt, but not because he is gone.  I hurt because he existed.  I hurt because of what they did.  The blinders from childhood are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment