Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Continuing Thankfulness

Life is hard.  Time is a crazy thing that is usually too fast or too slow.  Rarely is there enough money.  Too often things don't go as planned.  Often our best still doesn't seem good enough.  Damn, what is there left that is positive in our world?
For me, all of these statements are pretty true.  What is there that is still worth getting up for?  This is the reality that so many of us face.  It isn't a pessimist attitude, it is reality.  So how do you stay sane in the insanity?  How do you put on a smile and face another day?
At this moment for me personally, it is so much about practicing thankfulness.  In that I also hold onto hope.  I do not like some aspects of my life at this moment.  There are quite a few things that I wish were different.  At the moment, they are unchangeable things.  I am not willing to put my energy into the negative emotions that attach themselves to those things.
It is not easy.  It is difficult to force my brain and emotions away from the negative side.  Sometimes I have torn my world down to the simple fact that I am thankful that I have air to breathe.  Instead of being upset that I have to go to that very basic need to be thankful for, I build on that small thing.
Redirecting my thoughts isn't easy and it does not happen over night.  For me, it is worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment